It's the heart of our church to put our faith into action by meeting the needs of the people in our community, our state, our country and around the world. Rather than simply tell people about the life-changing love of Jesus, we want to show them by the way we serve them. Our faith inspires our work and it's our prayer that our work would lay the foundations for new relationships, life-changing conversations, and ultimately, salvation in Christ for those in our community.
Do you sometimes find yourself stuck in a rut? Does it seem as if your life has lost its fire for GOD? For many Christ followers, the problem comes when the new wears off their decision to follow Christ. For others, it is the lack of information concerning what's next in this new life of faith. Every Christ follower needs to know what's next in his or her Christian life. In 2019, we will begin our study of First, Second and Third John. Join us as we delight in the LORD and learn more about Him and how He wants us to live.
Where there is no vision, the people perish... Proverbs 29:18 Jackson First Baptist has a vision for 2019 that involves all aspects of our ministry. Whether we are serving at home or far away, goals have been prayerfully made and we are looking forward to "pressing on toward the goal" that is set before us. Come, serve along side us, and "see this great thing that the LORD will do before your eyes."
Join us in prayer each day, as we pray for our personal growth, our ministry and the coming harvest:
1. Father, give every member of JFBC a hunger for the Word to be implanted in every area of our lives.
2. Father, favor us to reach all the generations who live in our area and beyond.
3. Father, increase our attendance one hundred fold with a goal of fifty people being baptized and many more becoming a part of our church family.
4. Father, open the windows of heaven and favor us with abundant resources to accomplish your mission through JFBC.
5. Father, impress deeply upon us the desire to care for the generations who have paved the way for us.
6. Father, give us a heaven sent spiritual awakening in our nation
7. Father expand JFBC's borders locally, nationally and globally
8. Father, favor us to train the next generation to touch the world with the Gospel.
9. Father, bless our staff, leadership and volunteers to have wisdom, knowledge, understanding, favor, power, health, and overflowing partnership to lead us to accomplish our mission.
These are our petitions to our Father throughout the entire year of 2019.
From January 6-27, we have entered into a corporate fast as we prepare to do His will and His work in 2019.